– Autumn is the most popular time for trekking in Nepal. It is normally dry, stable and offers excellent climate, amazing mountain views and the weather is perfect. Temperatures are usually moderate during this period making it a good time for any higher and low altitude treks. It can be cold at night at higher altitudes, but not as cold as in the winter months.
– The average temperature during the fall is 15 degrees C (59 Degrees F), with a maximum temp of 20 degrees C (68 Degrees F), during sunny days and a minimum of -2 degrees C (28.4 Degrees F), in the morning and at night, for areas above 4000 meters altitude
– Winter start from mid December till mid February. People still like to trek in this month due to fewer crowds. View is still good but foggy so having extra days is highly recommended during this period.
– This season is noted for occasional snowfall only at higher altitudes. So, it’s ideal for trekking at lower altitude, generally below 3200m. Winter is very cold above 4,000 m and high mountain passes may be blocked by snow and ice.
– The average temperature during the winter is 10 degrees C (50 Degrees F), with a maximum temp of 17 degrees C (62.6 Degrees F), during sunny days and a minimum of -20 degrees C (-4 Degrees F), in the morning and at night, for areas above 3000 meters altitude.
– Spring happens to be one of the best times of the year to visit (Nepal) the Everest region, although because of this, it can become somewhat crowded. One can meet many other Everest climbers during this season and base camp is full of tents. The beautiful clear blue sky can be seen and the many different species of flower are visible in the lower altitude.
– The temperature is quite moderate in this season. Varieties of wild flowers especially the rhododendrons are in complete blossom. It is mildly warm at lower altitudes and at higher altitudes, over 4000m.
Summer (Early June-July)
– This is the favorite season to trek in the rain shadow areas like Upper Mustang, Dolpo and Kailash. This season is also recommended for forest researchers and botanists. . It is recommended to carry raincoats and insect repellents when trekking during these summer months.