Mount Tilicho is located in the north of Manang of the Annapurna Region of the geographically rich country Nepal. In 1950 Mt. Tilicho was first reported about by Maurice Herzzog on his way to Annapurna. A few years later, it was climbed for the first time by French climber Emanuel Schutz from the northwest Shoulder.
Mt. Tilicho expedition is regarded to be a challenging one which requires expertise. The Mount Tilicho can be climbed through Northwest end of the Lake Tilicho. The Tilicho Peak expedition follows three Base Camps before the summit. Camp one takes to the Northwestern shoulder while Camp 2 is located in the large and safe snowfield. Along the way in the expedition we get to observe the Marsyangdi valley, the mythical Kali Gandaki valley, and the Annapurna massif. The Tilicho peak gives a reassuring and surreal feeling of the glacial Tilicho Lake below.
High Altitude Sherpa has appropriately draftedthe itinerary of the Mount Tilicho Peak expedition (7134). It also assures services that provide safety along with an unrivalledtime for the passionate mountaineers who want to board on achallenging yet mesmerizing expedition towards the captivating, enchanting and stimulating Mount Tilicho Peak Expedition (7134 m).
BEST SESSION TO VISIT NEPAL
Autumn Session: September – November
The autumn months of mid-September, October and November are known for being Nepal’s mountaineering and the best time to go trekking. The monsoon rains have cleared the sky with outstanding the views are often remarkable. The valleys are still green and the weather is trifling so trekking is far more pleasurable at this time.
Winter Session : December – February
Winter season is usually snowfall at higher elevations in Himalayas. Though it gets colder in night, often it offers the clear day / blue sky and comparatively less trekkers on the trail. Winter Treks like Ghorepani pun hill trek, Mardi Himal trek, Everest base camp, Annapurna Panorama, Annapurna Sanctuary, Everest base and Langtang reason treks are always comfortable to trek even in winter season.
Spring Session: March – May
Spring is the best trekking season for the trekking and mountaineering in Nepal. Weather is mostly perfect and temperature is moderate which offers beautiful views without any obstruction. Spring collects beautiful flowers, plants and rare animals Walking is also very much suitable during this season.
Summer Session: June – August
Though summer collects heavy monsoon rainfall it is very much clear to trek around upper and lower Mustang, lower and upper Dolpo and Nar- Phu valley since they are rain shadow areas. Tibet is much more favorable for Tibet trek. Everest, Langtang and Annapurna are always comfortable to trek even in summer season.
Climbing /team composition:
1. The expedition leads by English Speaking high altitude Experienced Guide.
2. In a group one member one Climbing Guide during the Climbing.
3. One experienced cook and necessary Sherpa staff.
4. Assistants Sherpa who will assist in setting up camps during the climb.
5. Experienced base camp Guide/manager.
Physical Condition & Experience Requirements:
1. Previous rock and ice climbing and high altitude over 6000m experiences will be an asset.
2. Experience of walking on Glacier with crampon and using ascending, descending device in mountain.
3.There will also be climbing training for members at the amadablem base camp.
4.The training will mostly be about using climbing gears such as ropes, ice pick, harness, crampons.
5.The day of the summit,will be required to walk 10hrs.
6.The climbers need to feel confident and comfortable ascending or descending on fixed ropes along the steep technical terrain.
Member Personal Climbing Equipment
S.No: Particular. Qty
(1) : Summit shoe La Sportiva – 1
(2) : Crampon – 1
(3) : Summit Glove (Mitten) – 1
(4) : Normal gloves – 2
(5) : Summit Snow goggles – 1
(6) : Glacier glasses – 1
(7) : Ice axe – 1
(8) : Harness & tapsling – 1
(9) : Jumer – 1
(10) : Carabiners (normal) – 3
(11) : Down filled Mattress – 1
(12) : Summit socks – 2
(13) : Normal socks – 6
(14) : Climbing bag (40 ltr) – 1
(15) : Helmet – 1
(16) : Down jacket – 1
(17) : Down trouser – 1
(18) : 8 finger / descender – 1
(19) : Headlamp (Icon or Spot) – 1
(20) : Gore-tex jacket – 1
(21) : Gore-tex trouser – 1
(22) : Fleece liner gloves – 3
(23) : Screw Gate Carabiner – 2
(24) : Balaclava (windstopper) – 1
(25) : Thermos bottle – 1
(26) : Base layer – 2
(27) : Swise Knife -1
If you are Going Trekking and Climbing in Nepal, you Should Carry the Complete Medic kit.
First Aid Kit:
1. Povidone-iodine cream -1 tube.
– Antiseptic cream.
2. Cotton- 1 roll.
–For dressing wounds.
3. Dressing gauze –5 pcs.
– For dressing.
4. Crepe bandage –2.
– Sprains and strains,also great as a sling for arm fractures.
5. Band- aid –10.
6. Dressing tape -1.
– Great not just for dressing but falsifier mild soft tissue injuries especially in the knee and ankles.
7. Moleskin second skin -1 packet:
– Great for treating chaffing and blisters.
Finger Pulse oximetry:
1. Normal arterial oxygen is approximately 75 to 100 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg).
2. Values fewer than 60 mm Hg usually indicate the need for supplemental oxygen.
3. Normal pulse oximeter readings usually range from 95 to 100 percent.
4. Values under 90 percent are considered low.
8. Paracetamole 300mg -20 tablets:
– For mild headaches.
9. Ibuprofen 400mg -10 taplets:
– To relieve moderate to severe pain.
10.Throat lozenges -20:
– For cough and sore throat. Given the cold dry mountain air,it is a good idea it have one in your mouth even without any discomfort.
11.Decongestant -10 tablets:
– For nausea congestion. Non-drowsy kinds like pseudo ephedrine recommended.
12. Antihistamine -10 tablets:
– For allergies.
13. Antiemetic -10 –tablets:
– To control the vomit and nausea.
14. Azithromycin 500mg – 10 tablet:
– For bacterial diarrhea.
15. Omeprazole 200mg -10 tablets:
– For minor gastric upsets and acidity.
16. Tinidazole 200 mg –3 taplats(500mg-12 tablets):
– For giardia and amoebic diarrhea.
17. Acetazolamide 250 mg –20 tablets:
– For helping with acclimataization and treating mild AMS.
18. Dexamethasone 400mg -10 tablets:
– To be used only under expert supervision to treat AMS.
19. Nifedipine 60mg – 10 tablets:
– To be use only under expert supervision to treat HAPE.
0 Reviews on Tilicho Peak