“Buddha was Born in Nepal”
Situated between Tibet in the north and India in the south, with three major regions – the Himalayan belt in the north, the Hilly region and fertile valleys in the middle and the narrow strip of plain Tarai in the South, all running parallel to each other from east to west. Nepal is home to 8 of the 10 highest peaks in the world, including the highest, Mt Everest and the Kali Gandaki River Gorge, the deepest river gorge in the world.
Capital: Kathmandu, a historical city with rich cultural heritage.
Language: Nepali is the official language as well as the main language of communication. English is widely spoken in the capital, other urban centers and tourist areas.
Currency: Nepalese Rupee.
Political system: The politics of Nepal function within a framework of a republic with a multi-party system.
Religion: Nepal enjoyed the distinction of being the only Hindu Kingdom in the world, but on the toppling of the King in April 2006, was declared a secular state.
”World heritage sites:: Religious and cultural”
1. Bouddha nath stupa: 6 km ti the east down town Kathmandu and is the largest Buddhist Stupa of Nepal.
2. Swaymbhu nath Buddhist Stupa: Establishment is linked to creation of the Kathmandu Valley.
3. Pashupati nath Temple: North east Kathmandu, Famous Hindu Holy Temple of Nepal.
4. Chagunarayan Hindu Tempal: 12 km to the east of Kathmandu city.
5. Bhaktapur Darbar square: 13 km east of Kathmandu, the most beautiful and colorful city in Nepal.
6. Kathmandu Darbar square: Center Kathmandu, the old Royal palace.
7. Patan Darbar square: 8 km south east Kathmandu.
”world heritages sites peaceful and Natural”
1. Sagaramath national park (Mount everest 8848m) established 1976
2. Chitwan National Park: Distance between Kathmandu and Chitwan National Park About 148km South-west of Kathmandu.
Nepal unique treasures:
1. Lumbini Birth Place of Lord Buddha Shiddhartha Gautam Sakyamuni. spiritual place in nepal Distance between Kathmandu and Lumbini is 285 km.
2. Mt.Everest the Highest point on earth. “highest elevation above sea level.”
3. Kumari the living goddess in kathmandu